“Beauty will save the world.” ~Dostoevsky
Victoria Hadden is a Canadian fine artist and writer who has lived in Toronto’s Cabbagetown ‘hood for the past 15 years. Victoria’s experiences in living abroad in Europe, on the Canadian prairies, west coast, and in India have combined to influence her rich expressionistic and colourful style.
She paints large works on canvas in acrylic and recent smaller works in pen & ink and watercolour have a light, humourist New Yorker feel. Her paintings can be found in private collections throughout the world.
She has written a book featuring her paintings about a favourite muse, the tulip. The Journey of Queen Tulipa: Flower of Madness available in the store.
- Cabbagetown Arts and Crafts Sale 2015
- Cabbagetown Festival, Toronto 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014
- Kendall & Company, Toronto, solo show 2012
- Featured in Tour of Cabbagetown’s Hidden Art Salons, Toronto 2010, 2011
- Birganart Gallery Group Show, 243 King Street East, Toronto
- Hamilton Central Public Library Hamilton, ON Visions Homeward, Solo Exhibit 2005
- Propeller Centre for the Visual Arts, 984 Queen St. W. Toronto, 2004
- Willow Gallery, 707 Mt. Pleasant Avenue, Toronto, Group Show 2004
- Osgoode Law School, York University Vernissage, Distillery District, Toronto. Winner of the People’s Choice Award
- Stubbe Chocolate, Toronto, Solo show 2004: The Sweet Life
- The Victoria College of Art, Fine Arts Diploma Program, 1991-93
- Toronto School of Art, Advanced Design with Harold Klunder, 1998
- Mohawk College, Diploma of Applied Arts, Communication Arts, Honours, 1975
- British Film Institute, University of Stirlng, Scotland, 1975